Undocumented workers (often castigated as "illegal aliens") have rights under the California labor laws too. They cannot be forced to reveal their immigration status in a Court action. Such workers can demand unpaid wages in Court just like citizens and permanent residents. However, they cannot seek future lost wages.
Explore the following types of illegal activity in employment:
- Wrongful Termination, Constructive Discharge, and Public Policy Violations
- Retaliation & Whistleblowers
- Employment Contracts & Severance Agreements
- Defamation of Character (Slander & Libel)
- Unpaid Overtime Wages
- Unpaid Minimum Wages
- Unprovided Rest Breaks and Meal Periods
- Failure to Pay Work-Related Expenses
- Medical & Family Leave (FMLA)
- Pregnancy & Maternity Leave
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Freedom of Speech
- Class Actions
- Private Attorney General Actions
- Invasion of Privacy
- Failure to Provide Reasonable Accommodations
Your free consultation with one of our attorneys is just a phone call away. You can reach us any time of day at
An experienced workplace rights lawyer is standing by to fight for you.
The Spivak Law Firm only accepts California, Washington D.C., and New York cases.
For further information about your rights at work Click Here