Employees that are punished by their employers for attempting to ensure safe and healthful working conditions may sue for wrongful termination in violation of the public policies advanced by the health and safety laws. The federal law that requires health and safety in the workplace is the Occupational Health and Safety Act of 1970 ("OSHA"). In California, the Division of Occupational Safety and Health protects workers and the public from safety hazards by enforcing California's occupational and public safety laws and provides information and consultative assistance to employers, workers and the public about workplace and public safety matters.
Occupational Health & Safety Lawyer in Los Angeles and Sherman Oaks CA
Explore the following types of illegal activity in employment:
- Wrongful Termination, Constructive Discharge, and Public Policy Violations
- Retaliation & Whistleblowers
- Employment Contracts & Severance Agreements
- Defamation of Character (Slander & Libel)
- Unpaid Overtime Wages
- Unpaid Minimum Wages
- Unprovided Rest Breaks and Meal Periods
- Failure to Pay Work-Related Expenses
- Medical & Family Leave (FMLA)
- Pregnancy & Maternity Leave
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Freedom of Speech
- Class Actions
- Private Attorney General Actions
- Invasion of Privacy
- Failure to Provide Reasonable Accommodations
Your free consultation with one of our attorneys is just a phone call away. You can reach us any time of day at
(877) 277-2950 Toll Free
An experienced workplace rights lawyer is standing by to fight for you.
The Spivak Law Firm only accepts California, Washington D.C., and New York cases.
For further information about your rights at work Click Here